Who We Are
The PRC is a membership organization and community clearinghouse of information on peace and social justice issues and activities. Through our active programs and by promoting networking among peace-related organizations, offering nonviolent alternatives to conflict resolution and carrying on a program of peace education, we provide an ongoing presence throughout San Diego County.
Founded in 1980 by six local organizations committed to peace, the Peace Resource Center now has over 40 member organizations (listed here) and hundreds of individual and family members.
We are guided by the principles of nonviolence, tolerance, compassion and respect for diversity. Membership is open to all individuals and organizations concerned about peace with justice and the need to live by these principles.
What We Do
The Peace Resource Center works for peace by
- promoting ideas for constructive nonviolent actions and solutions
- educating the public on peace and social justice issues
- promoting dialogue and understanding of the causes of violence and militarism
- facilitating communication among peace-related groups
- functioning as a central clearinghouse for information issues and activities
- consulting on peace education and nonviolent conflict resolution.
- presenting programs and providing speakers, trainers and workshops
To read about our programs over the years, take a look at our annual reports in our Archive.
To get involved, contact us or just come visit us!