A huge shout-out to the PRC family that organized this year’s Souper Supper. Many moving parts that came together due to team work and soup preparation. We also give thanks to the OB People’s Coop for their generous donation of organic apple juice and to the Big Kitchen for the delicious brownie treats.
The PRC is happy to announce the 2019 Board of Directors – approved by the members during our November 18 General Meeting.
- Zoila (Zoe) Castilla Bacon: I immigrated from Cuba as a child with my parents seeking asylum as political refugees. This year I have volunteered with the Peace Resource Center’s “Peace Camp” for children and the “Peace Club” with Rowan Elementary School. I also volunteer with Mid-City CAN’s Peace Promotion Momentum Team.
- Paul Cofrancesco: Profession: Investor Relations & Fund Raising. Volunteer work: Led group trips from St Brigid Church in Pacific Beach to Tijuana to the Casa Hogar De Los Niño’s Orphanage from 2003 to 2010 and Stand Up for Kids – Street Outreach Volunteer 2005-2007
- Willie C. Lang, Jr., MA. Ed.: Employment Specialist/ Clinician in Training/ Human; Pathways Catalyst. I am a trained Counselor Yes! I have taught on nonviolent ways of communication. Yes! I have authored a book on dealing with the frustration and trouble in ways other than ANGER and AGGRESSION. There is an old saying that simply states: You cannot lead where you have not gone.
- Anne Barron: I come from a subversive military family, and my first memory of the injustice of war is of the My Lai massacre as it hit the news in the US. …as I matured, wanted to immerse myself in creative actions that would support the growth and evolution of the just and peaceful world I see in my mind’s eye.
- Carroll Boone: Carroll studied and practiced nonviolence based on the teachings of Gandhi and Martin Luther King and their followers. She wishes to continue serving as a Board of Director at the PRC.
- Gary Lynn: Retired from U.S. Navy as a Supply Corps Officer with a financial management specialty in 1993. Major community activities: Commissioner with City of San Diego Commission on Gang Prevention and Intervention, Board Member and Treasurer of Rise Up Industries, Former Board Member of The Peace Resource Center, presently a volunteer.
At-large members continuing their 2-yr term
Michael Brackney (2018-2019), John Falchi (2018-2019)
Betsy Bekken, President (La Jolla Friends), Sara Haldeman Scarr, Vice President (Church of the Brethren), LaVern Olberding, Secretary (Franciscan Peace Connection), V.R. Partida (Veterans For Peace, San Diego)
Read the PRC 2018 Annual Report here!
The Report looks both back at 2018’s peace programming on persistence and resiliency and forward to 2019 peace work at the PRC.
Interested in promoting peace in our area? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.