Problems versus Solutions
Sometimes, the problems facing us today seem so overwhelming, so massive, that it is easier to “turn off” – to be apathetic, even to turn to ignorance rather than engagement. We see widespread apathy and ignorance in our society about issues from race to environment/climate change to militarism. But apathy will not solve our problems. The Peace Resource Center promises to keep working on problems, keep raising issues and pursuing solutions, to engage partners, no matter how overwhelming the problems may seem, and no matter how long it would appear to take to reach those solutions. We owe this to our children, their children, the children of the world, and ourselves.
The Peace Resource Center works for peace by
- promoting ideas for constructive nonviolent actions and solutions
- educating the public on peace and social justice issues
- promoting dialogue and understanding of the causes of violence and militarism
- facilitating communication among peace-related groups
- functioning as a central clearinghouse for information issues and activities
- consulting on peace education and nonviolent conflict resolution.
- presenting programs and providing speakers, trainers and workshops