All the following are available in our PRC lending library!
- Early Violence Prevention: Tools for Teachers of Young Children (1995) by Slaby R., Roedeil W., Arezzo D., & Hendrix K.
- Elementary Perspectives Teaching Concepts of Peace and Conflict (1990) by Kreidler, W.
- Nonviolent Communication (2003) by Rosenberg, M.
- Raising Peaceful Children in a Violent World (1995) by Cecil, N.
- Teaching Young Children in Violent Times (1994) by Levin, D.
- The Little Book of Restorative Justice (2002) by Zehr, H.
- Waging Peace in Our Schools (1996) by Lantieri & Patti.
To Share with Children
- All the Colors of the Earth (1994) by Hamanaka, S.
- For Every Child: the rights of the child in words and pictures (2001) published by UNICEF
- I Have a Dream (1963) by King, M.L.
- Is it Right to Fight? (2003) by Thomas, P.
- Martin’s Big Words (2007) by Rappaport, D.
- Miss Rumphius (1982) by Cooney, B.
- La Senorita Runfio (1997) by Cooney, B. (Spanish Edition)
- One (2008) by Otoshi, K.
- Peace Begins with You (1990) by Scholes, K.
- Say Something (2004) by Moss, P.
- Sorry (2006) by Ludwig, T.
- The Story of Ferdinand (1985) by Leaf, M.
- The Story of Ruby Bridges (1995) by Coles, R.
- Wangari’s Trees of Peace (2008) by Winter, J.
The Peace Resource Center of San Diego
working for peace, justice and sustainability since 1980
3850 Westgate Place San Diego 92105
firstname.lastname@example.org 619-263-9301 www.prcsd.org
Permission granted to reprint this flyer in full (no edits).
Please contact us with questions or info requests. Donations appreciated!
Children and Nonviolence page 12 – print version pdf