All are welcome to join us at this virtual meeting of the Peace Resource Center membership.
RSVP! It is not too late. firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s your fav soup recipe?
6:30 Zoom Room opens…ice breakers & social (half)hour.
7:00 Welcome. Reflection. Centering
7:10 PRC 2021 Programs/Events Highlights
a. Our meetings always begin with Common Ground Guidelines – a space for everyone
b. Election of board members
- appointments by specific founding organizations
- returning board members: Michael Brackney, Cheryl Canson and Alan Ridley —
- Nominated members for the 2022-2023 PRC Board: Meeka Glass Blake, Anne Hoiberg, and William Palmer
- nominations from the floor
- virtual voting & Election Consensus
c. Treasury Report & 2022 Budget Proposal
d. Proposals for consideration by the Membership from the floor
e. Affirmations of community peace work during pandemic
- Guest speaker: Helen Jaccard, Project Manager of the Golden Rule, the Peace Boat!
- PRC Board Members raise up the continuing work of peace & justice advocates in our San Diego communities.
Community Voices of Peace – Commendations and thanks to some of the amazing peace builders in our community
a. Laila Aziz & Dede McClure Community Bail Fund
b. Aeiremique Glass Blake
c. Gary Butterfield, VFP
d. Cheryl Canson & Participatory Democracy Mutual Fund
e. Councilwoman Monica Montgomery
f. Jack Shu
g. Women Occupy San Diego
h. American Friends Service Committee Border Project
i. Pastor Sara Haldeman Scarr, Church of the Brethren
Who is your peacebuilder?